Thank you for considering Cape & Castle as the future home of your work. We’re honored that you want to showcase your story with us.
If you want to maximize your chances of getting your story featured, we have some rules for you to review!
CAPE & CASTLE SUBMISSION RULES AND GUIDELINES
1. Edit your submission before sending it in.
As we are uncompensated volunteers, we simply do not have the time or capacity to help every author improve their work.
2. Ensure your story meets our length requirements.
- Drabbles of 100 words
- Ficlets of 100-1,000 words
- One-shots with minimum of 1,000 words
- Completed two-shots/multi-chapters with minimum of 2,000 words overall
3. Include the following information:
- Rating (General, Teen, Mature)
- Word count
- Characters and/or ships
4. We will not accept the following:
- Sexually transgressive stories
- Broad cultural taboos
- Copy-paste stories (e.g. the text of The Ring and the Crown with character names swapped out)
- Stories written in a language other than English
- Stories involving real people (from the fandom or otherwise)
5. Mild gore and smut is accepted.
Keep it no more than “R-rated movie” level. Violent/sexual references and implied scenes only—no details! Please include trigger warnings when appropriate.
6. Pay attention to the feedback we give you.
We will edit, if necessary. However, if you submit the same story with no improvements, it will not be posted.
7. If you submit a multi-chaptered story, make sure that we can see it on the Internet!
Post it on a website that is dedicated to fanfiction (e.g. Archive of Our Own, FanFiction, Tumblr, Wattpad). This is so we can easily track when new chapters are added to your story, and so we don’t have to go searching for it manually every time.
Have a question that isn’t answered above? Email us. Otherwise, does your fic meet all of the requirements? Submit it below!
* Cape & Castle reserves the right to refuse posting or editing of any material submitted.